Linux and Unix agents¶
Open a session in your Linux/Unix agent host as root user. After that, you can register the Agent using
- Copy the CA (.pem file) to the
/var/ossec/etcfolder and run the
# cp rootCA.pem /var/ossec/etc # /var/ossec/bin/agent-auth -m 192.168.1.2 -v /var/ossec/etc/rootCA.pem
Note that this method must include the -v option that indicates the location of the CA. If this option is not included, a warning message will be displayed and the connection will be established without verifying the manager.
- Edit the Wazuh agent configuration to add the Wazuh server IP address.
In the file
/var/ossec/etc/ossec.conf, in the
<client><server>section, change the MANAGER_IP value to the Wazuh server address:<client> <server> <address>MANAGER_IP</address> ... </server> </client>
- Start the agent.
- For Systemd:# systemctl start wazuh-agent
- For SysV Init:# service wazuh-agent start
- Other cases:# /var/ossec/bin/ossec-control start