3.4.0 Release notes¶
This section shows the most relevant improvements and fixes in version 3.4.0. More details about these changes are provided in each component changelog.
The main feature introduced in this version is the ability to monitor the information relative to the user who makes changes to any file monitored with FIM. This information (who-data) contains the user who makes the changes and also the process used. This new functionality is available in Syscheck on Linux and Windows. See the Auditing who-data section for further information.
Many others improvements and fixes have been included in Syscheck in this new version:
- The level of recursiveness when scanning directories can be defined in the
internal_options.conffile. By default, it’s set to 256.
- Added support for SHA256 checksum (by Arshad Khan @arshad01).
- Enhanced visualization of Syscheck alerts and insertion of all the available fields in the Syscheck messages from the Wazuh configuration files.
- The value xxx (not enabled) was replaced for n/a if the hash couldn’t be calculated.
- Fixed registry_ignore problem on syscheck for Windows when
- Allow more than 256 directories in real-time for Windows agent using recursive watchers.
There are other changes which are worth highlighting:
- Added a new option to customize the output format per-target in Logcollector.
- Added support for unified WPK. Now the WPK files are compatible between versions for the same OS.
- The CA verification was fixed to allow with more than one ‘ca_store’ definition.
- Added new API request:
GET/agents/stats/distinct. This new request returns all the different combinations that agents have for the selected fields.
experimental_featureoption to enable new features in development.
- In older versions, the frequency attribute in rules was the number of hits + 2. In this version this value has been modified to match exactly the number of hits. By this way this value is more easy to understand.
Wazuh app for Kibana¶
- Tables redesign.
- Improved reporting capabilities.
- Improved Discover performance.
- UI redesign, including simpler Welcome screen.
- New healthcheck design.
- Dev tools one liners.
- New inventory tab.
- Minor bugfixes.
Wazuh app for Splunk¶
- Support for Splunk v7.1.2.
- Dashboard tabs redesign.
- Minor bugfixes.