Security Configuration Assessment¶
New in version 3.9.0.
There are multiple Wazuh integrations that perform configuration assessment scans (see Policy monitoring section) including OpenSCAP and CIS-CAT and more recently the Security Configuration Assesment (SCA). The SCA was created by the Wazuh development team to overcome limitations that were inherent to the other integrations, to name a few:
- The OpenSCAP integration is only available on Linux hosts, not Windows agents.
- The CIS-CAT tool is proprietary software which requires an external license for its use.
- The Rootcheck module depends on the Syscheck daemon and its policies feeds are often outdated.
The Security Configuration Assesment (SCA) module aims to provide the user with the best possible experience when performing scans about hardening and configuration policies. Some of its key features include:
- The last state of each scanned check of every policy is stored in the manager and can be consulted by the SCA tab in the Wazuh App.
- To avoid alert flooding and repeated alerts in each scan. Now, only state changes and new checks are alerted, being those states updated in the manager database.
- Current policies used by Rootcheck have been enriched and updated to a new YAML format. CIS policies are based in the latest CIS benchmarks available.
More information on this module is available in the following sections: