Linux and Unix agents¶
Open a session in your Linux/Unix agent host as root user. After that, you can register the Agent using
agent-auth and a password as follows:
- Register the agent using the password. The agents can use the password by storing it on a file or as a command line argument, so you can use any of these two options:
- Write the password on
/var/ossec/etc/authd.passand run the
agent-authprogram:# echo "TopSecret" > /var/ossec/etc/authd.pass # /var/ossec/bin/agent-auth -m <MANAGER_IP_ADDRESS>
- Run the program with the
-Pflag, and insert the password:# /var/ossec/bin/agent-auth -m <MANAGER_IP_ADDRESS> -P "TopSecret"
- Edit the Wazuh agent configuration to add the Wazuh server IP address.
In the file
/var/ossec/etc/ossec.conf, in the
<client><server>section, change the MANAGER_IP value to the Wazuh server address:<client> <server> <address>MANAGER_IP</address> ... </server> </client>
- Start the agent.
- For Systemd:# systemctl start wazuh-agent
- For SysV Init:# service wazuh-agent start
- Other cases:# /var/ossec/bin/ossec-control start